Friday, August 20, 2010

How Much Debt Do We Need to Pay Off?

A lot. Let's just says it is in the tens of thousands on plastic. Then there is the car loan, the home equity loan, and the mortgage. Do I feel discouraged when we think about how much we owe? Yes, but I actively choose to dwell not on the "Giant" but on God's power through obedience, which takes the fear away. We are little "Davids" with a small bag of stones but I believe that God will honor our efforts to get out of debt and stay out of debt, and to give cheerfully. Sometimes you have to really develop a hatred of a certain sin before you are willing to change. I am willing to change. Repentance from the heart means that I need to rely on the Holy Spirit for self-control when I feel weak, for wisdom when I am confused, for humility when I want to take the reins myself instead of submitting to my husband and to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment